Last week’s activity was full of use cases and demonstrations of the OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer (OSDS) Browser Extension (a/k/a @datasniff). Before we dive into the activity summary, let’s cover the basics of this powerful tool.
What is the OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer (OSDS) Extension?
The OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer (OSDS) (a/k/a @datasniff) is a browser extension for Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Vivaldi, that unveils structured metadata embedded within HTML documents and web pages.
Why is OSDS important?
At its core, every search engine optimization (SEO) effort requires agility in managing document metadata. OSDS allows creators and consumers alike to dig into that metadata, providing and/or gaining increased clarity about the contents of those documents.
How do you use OSDS?
Installation is just a few simple steps.
Some examples of what’s possible with your existing Web Browser once you have installed the OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer Browser Extension:
Here’s a screencast demonstrating how our OSDS browser extension exposes powerful aspects of SPARQL Query Definition and Results Pages that use HTML docs as Data Source Names (DSNs).
Here are a few use cases and demonstrations:
SeeAlso - Guides on the Supper Links features:
- LOD Connectivity License for ODBC and JDBC apps to the LOD Cloud Knowledge Graph
- Exploit the powerful Enterprise Knowledge Graph technology provided by our Virtuoso Platform, by taking advantage of our current collection of Special Offers
- Download Virtuoso for On-Premise installation and use
- OpenLink Virtuoso Pay-As-You-Go (PAGO) from the AWS Cloud
OpenLink Virtuoso Pay-As-You-Go (PAGO) from the Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Virtuoso 8.3.3319 (PAGO Edition) for the Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Virtuoso 8.3.3319 (BYOL Edition) for the Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Detailed usage guides for Aure
- Universal Data Access Drivers — Entry-level offers on high-performance drivers/providers/connectors for ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, and OLE DB
- Free OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer (OSDS) Browser Extension for Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Vivaldi (with a build planned for Apple Safari)