Install conductor

Hi,
Im trying install conductor on virtuoso 8.3 on linux, Im using vad_install ('../vad/conductor_dav.vad', 0); script but i get this error

SQL_STATE     SQL_MESSAGE
LONG VARCHAR  VARCHAR
BLOB 0 chars  The installation of this VAD package has failed.
BLOB 0 chars  Please delete the transaction file /root/virtuoso83/cluster_01/database.trx
BLOB 0 chars  and then restart your database server.
BLOB 0 chars  Note: Your database will be in its pre VAD installation state after you restart
00000         FATAL
BLOB 0 chars  
*** Error 08S01: VD CL065: Lost connection to server
at line 1 of Top-Level:
vad_install ('../vad/conductor_dav.vad', 0)

Any one can help, Thanks.

Where did you get the VAD you’re trying to install?

The latest VAD builds for the latest Enterprise Edition are available through the download wizard.

You can also find the latest VAD builds for any version of Virtuoso in the download depot for manual download –

I would suggest downloading a fresh set of VADs for your Enterprise Edition v8.3, and re-attempting the Conductor VAD installation.

Hi,
Im using default VAD which installed with Virtuoso 8.3, I will try to download it from your link,

Thanks

Hi,
I installed it from your link and copied it into vad directory then when install it on the SQL by vad_install ('../vad/conductor_dav.vad', 0); I get the same error

42VAD         Can't create collection (/DAV/VAD/conductor)`
00000         Errors detected
00000         Installation of "Virtuoso Conductor" was unsuccessful.

Im using cluster mode for Virtuoso
Thanks

Please confirm you were logged in to Virtuoso as the dba user for the attempts above?

Assuming so, please relaunch Virtuoso in +foreground mode, i.e., add +foreground to your normal launch command, e.g., –

./virtuoso-iodbc-t +foreground +configfile /path/to/virtuoso.ini

That will take over the initial terminal session, and a lot of output will appear through stdout/stderr.

Start another terminal session, and use this to reattempt your Conductor installation through the command-line isql app.

Some additional info should be reported to stdout/stderr in the initial terminal session. Please copy-and-paste that here, and hopefully we’ll have an easy solution to the installation failure.

Hi TallTed,

I did above commands and now works fine (conductor installed).

Thanks a lot.

Hani